Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Welcome to the world!

Meet Miss Eliza Anne Duhon - the most perfect pink bundle of joy I've ever seen. 



Monday, October 26, 2009
7lb 7oz
20 inches

Eliza was born after a very quick and relatively painless labor and delivery (I think she felt like she owed it to come on out quickly after all those months of nausea early in my pregnancy ;)  She has been the sweetest, most gentle baby I've ever seen.  Unlike her big brother who came out screaming and kept on loudly for quite some time, Eliza's been really quiet and calm.  She cried for just a minute after she was born, and then she's been mellow and snuggly ever since.  She even graced us with a glorious 3.5+hr stretch of sleep last night!  I think she's an angel.

Carter came by the hospital last night, and his reaction to his baby sister was truly priceless. He just stared at her in awe, saying "Ellie! Ellie! Look, that's Ellie! I lub Ellie." I thought my heart would just burst into a million pieces. He's been incredibly protective of her already, telling everyone they couldn't hold her, or following them closely to make sure she was ok. I know he's going to be a great big brother and I'm so glad they will always have each other.

We are still in the hospital, but hoping to go home today and finally get our family back together. I miss my baby boy like crazy, and I know he wants his mom and dad and baby sister home too.

All in all, we've had the most wonderful two days and we look forward to a lifetime of watching Carter and Eliza grow up together.

Here are a few pictures from her first couple of days. Enjoy!

Pre-delivery


Here she is!


With daddy


Hi Mama!


Being born is tough




Curious and thrilled big brother


I wanna hold her!


Happy family of four


No more pictures!




The one awake minute she had this morning




Sweet baby girl (and thanks to Amie for her lovely dress)
From Eliza's Birthday

4 comments:

Katie said...

AHHH!! I love these pictures! So glad to hear everything went swimmingly. You deserve it!

Welcome to the world Ellie! Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm about to cry! What awesome pictures. I would love to see a picture of Carter at birth next to hers. From what I can remember, he looked very much like her. Congratulation Guys!!!

Love, Ms. Steph

Jess said...

Congratulations!!! She is so perfect and you look beautiful!!! Yay! :)
(wishedforsong from MB)

Melissa said...

She is so precious! Also, you look fabulous for just having given birth! The pictures are great. Looks like you have lots of great memories to be made with those adorable kids. I look forward to following (er, stalking) them on your blog ;) Congrats again!