Friday, January 29, 2010

New Orleans Trip!

My parents were nice enough to invite us to go to New Orleans with them last weekend. It was supposed to be a big fun family event, with Josh and Toye and Sutton coming, along with my mom, dad, and sister, then of course my own family - Ryan, me, Carter and Eliza. Unfortunately, an offshore job came up for Ryan, and he had to leave on Tuesday before the trip...so I decided to just pack the kids up and head out there myself! Kayla rode along with me and shared the hotel room. It was great getting out for a bit, though totally exhausting walking around the city, pushing strollers and carrying babies and diaper bags and toys. But thankfully my mom and dad and sister, along with Aunt Cherie and Uncle Glenn, were there and really helpful.

On Saturday, we had the requisite Cafe du Monde beignets, then headed out the Aquarium and Riverwalk. Carter loved the fishies and kept asking for Nemo :) Eliza even woke up long enough to look around and she seemed interested in all the pretty lights.

All in all, it was a lovely weekend, capped off by the Saints win on Sunday night! Here are some pics:





Carter LEPT out of my arms to pet this iguana! He was braver than me!


Little monkeys!














Booo Vikings!




There was a super weird fog...


From New Orleans Trip

No comments: