Sunday, September 27, 2009

Carter's new favorite game

Sutton and TT came to Lafayette this weekend for a little Tinsel and Treasures, and we were all hanging out this morning, enjoying some coffee and Sunday-morning cinnamon rolls. The boys were playing around the house, when suddenly I realized I hadn't seen Carter in a few minutes.

Now he's learned in the last few weeks how to open and close doors, and isn't afraid of the dark, so it isn't that unusual for him to disappear into another corner of the house and play for a bit by himself. But I since it had been a few minutes since I'd heard from him, I asked Toye and Ryan where he was.

Ryan said he thought he'd seen him head in the back into our closet, so he headed there to check. No Carter. He walked over into Carter's room, and Toye and I followed him. No Carter. Checked the closet. No Carter.

I started to panic a bit. Toye and I walked together into the baby's room and looked around. No Carter. I opened the closet doors. No Carter.

Then I heard a giggle.

He had perched himself behind the rocking chair in the baby's room with a couple of toys and stood up and said "boo!" from behind the chair! He's such a good hider! haha

We had a few minutes of worry, but overall, it just cracked us all up because he totally gave himself away with the giggles. What a funny boy :)

No comments: