Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sick baby boy

My heart broke last night for Carter :(
After noticing Carter had some blood in his ear over the weekend, yesterday I took Carter into the ENT to check it out and we found out he has double ear infections (in the ear with a tube and the ear without). Well last night, we gave him some meds from the ENT before bed (decongestant and ear drops) and then he went to sleep just fine around 7:45pm.

At 10:30pm, I went to bed, only to wake up about a half hour later and heard him crying. I turned on the monitor and he was sitting up in his bed. I thought maybe his ears hurt, so I fixed a dose of Motrin and walked into his room.

He had his back to me and when he heard me come in, he turned his head around and had thrown up everywhere! It was awful. And he just said to me in the saddest, most pitiful voice, 'I spit on my pillow :(' Seriously, I started to tear up because my heart was so broken to see my little boy all covered in throw up. It makes me sick to think of him getting sick and throwing up for the first time ever, and being so afraid and confused about what was happening. He was also shaking, I guess because he was cold and wet.

So, I got him into a warm bath (while he continued to cry) and yelled for Ryan to come strip the bed. Then I rocked and cuddled Carter and he just kept saying, "No, Mom. I don't spit on my pillow." I think he meant he didn't want to throw up again. :(

So I put him back down for bed on some fresh sheets and he fell right asleep. He threw up just a little bit at some point later in the night, but he didn't wake up again so I didn't see it until this morning. It wasn't nearly as bad as the first time though.

I'm thinking it's from the meds from the ENT or maybe just from the congestion etc making him feel yucky.

I just feel like crying every time I think about his sweet little face looking up at me all confused and sick :( Let's hope this is the end of it and he can start to recover soon!

No comments: