Monday, July 20, 2009

Big day...

Carter had his 2 year checkup this morning, and it was an eventful appointment to say the least.

His stats are: 34.5in & 27lbs 11oz

At his appointment a month ago, Dr. Huval commented that she heard a heart murmur. She was very reassuring it was likely a very benign murmur, and could have been because he was fighting a viral infection, but she said if it hadn't gone away by today's appointment, we'd have to see a cardiologist and do a little workup.

Well, the good news is that his developmental skills were awesome and he can do some things that some 4 year olds are doing, but the bad news is that he still has the murmur, so we had to head off to the hospital to do a chest xray and EKG.

The EKG was a breeze! The tech was so awesome and she has a son two weeks older than Carter, so she was singing to him and talking him through everything. He was able to sit on my lap and they put the stickers on his chest, and she counted with him and everything. She also gave him stickers to hold on to. He was soooo good and just sat there and watched everything.

The chest xray was not so fun (mostly for me :( I was able to go in the room, but had to leave before she took the pics because I am pregnant. Ryan stayed, and I could hear Carter screaming "I wanna go see Mamaaaa!!" It broke my heart. It was the longest five minutes of my life. Ryan said that Carter was mostly upset at having to have his arms lifted and then being forced to sit so still. They didn't have to put him the tube thing, so that was a huge relief.

I bought myself a coffee at the coffee shop on the way out, and they had a huge chocolate chip cookie, so I bought that for Carter and me to share...so we're all feeling better now. Haha He's on the couch watching Dora and I know he'll crash in a few minutes. It was a big day, but it's all over for now!

So let's hope the cardiologist and pediatrician look at the tests and determine it's nothing to worry about!

No comments: