Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Update!

We are of course HOME! We got home on Wednesday morning, pretty early. I almost had a heart attack when Eliza had a temp of 99.7 under her arm on Tuesday night, because Dr. Judice said that was equal to 100.7 and therefore a fever. I thought he was going to make us stay, but luckily he did not.

I was never so happy to see dirty laundry and piled up mail and a sink full of dishes as I was when I walked into our house. I was just so glad to be home!

I am happy to report that other than a terrible diaper rash that we are still working on, Ellie has been happy and feeling much better. She's such a smiley happy baby that I am so so thankful that she isn't any sicker than she was. When I left our hospital room any time (well, one of the three times I left in the five days :), I saw some other much sicker children, and I forced myself to remember that I didn't have to ever really worry that Eliza wasn't going to be ok. It was awful to put such a tiny baby through all the poking and prodding and tough medicine, but she was always going to be ok. And I am so incredibly grateful for that.

So thanks for all your concern and prayers and some more posts are to come with updates of how we've been filling our last days before Christmas :)

No comments: