Thursday, December 31, 2009

Eliza's Two Month Checkup

We had Ellie's two month appointment with Dr. Huval yesterday. Here are her stats:

Weight: 11 lbs, 10oz (75%)
Height: 23.5in (90%)
Head: 40cm (75%)

Dr. Huval said she looked like a 3.5-4 month old! To me, she still seems so tiny, but she is growing like a weed ;) Everything looks great, and she seems to be recovering like a champ from the salmonella. We are still monitoring her and will do so for a few months until we are sure it's all gone from her system.

She cried her pretty little head off when she got her vaccinations, which of course broke my heart, but it is just something that is important to do because the last thing we want is for her to get sick from a serious disease and wind up in the hospital again. The only thing we skipped was her Rotavirus vaccine, just so that we don't stress her little tummy any more than it already has been.

She's meeting all her physical and developmental milestones, including my favorite...the smiles :)

All in all, a great appointment! We'll hopefully be free and clear for two more months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told Katie about this and I'll tell you about this ... ask for EMLA cream next time. It's a numbing cream and I SWEAR that when we used it the nurse was like I"M GOING TO DEMAND THAT ALL MOMS GET AND USE THIS as they didn't even flinch! No crying baby = an ok mommy!

I mean we still had to do the Tylenol bit but hey, that's fine with me.

Ashlyn