Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Should I tie them together?

Because Ellie is officially on the move! For the past two weeks, since shortly after she turned 6 months old, she's been able to army crawl herself around the house. It's sort of a 'Worm' style maneuver, but it gets her where she wants to go...and gets Mama sweating when I put her down in one place only to turn around and see that she is no where to be found!



I've been given some lovely suggestions by my friends (?) to:

Tether Carter and Ellie together
Drop her in the pack and play
Baby gate the house
Strap Ellie to Carter's back

;) It's just hard to keep track of both of my little movers as they scamper around the house. And no sooner had I gotten used to her crawling, but then she learned to PULL HERSELF TO STANDING!!

What do I do now?? I am not ready for this!! The worst part is that she knows how to get up, but she can't get down! So she pulls herself up, looks over at me and Ryan and gives a huge grin showing how proud she is...then she ever so UNgracefully plops down and cries because she scares herself. Poor girly ;)

So that's us in the past few weeks - add in the kidney stone I've been fighting for a few days and thankfully my parents and in-laws have been gracious and helpful enough to keep the kids so I can recover.

Is it June yet??

No comments: