Monday, June 15, 2009

Fun-filled weekend with Sutton (part II): The Audubon Zoo

On Sunday, we packed up the boys and drove on down to New Orleans. I haven't been to the Audubon Zoo in as long as I could remember, but I love that part of New Orleans so I was excited to go back. And Carter is soo interested in animals ('aminals') right now that I knew he'd have a great time - and we did! It was incredibly ridiculously hot, and we wanted to jump into the fountains and splash around in the ponds, but we took a few a/c breaks to have snacks and ice cream (and drank plenty of water) and all had so much fun!

Mingos!


The fountain we were dying to jump into...




Elephants!! They were enormous and so close...they were drinking water and we thought we'd get sprayed by stinky elephant water but luckily, we were safe:






Melting, but staying hydrated :)






Our baby girl's first trip to the zoo:


So appealing...


What do monkeys do??






Sweet Sutton










Carter's still asking to go to the zoo a day later, so I know we'll be heading back there soon...hopefully when it's cooler!!

No comments: