Monday, May 25, 2009

The countdown is on.

My big ultrasound is in less than 48 hours, and to be honest, I'm really nervous! Haha. This is a whole new experience for me, so I'm really unsure about how I'll feel about it all. I know that when Carter was born and we found out that he was a boy, it was just such a rush of euphoria and adrenaline that all I could think about was how amazing and sweet and tiny he was. His gender didn't make the least bit difference to me.

Now that I have a son, I know the joy that comes with sweet, smelly, funny, rough and tumble boys. I would honestly and truly love for Carter to have the gift (though he may not realize it's a gift for many years) of a baby brother. I know they'd just be inseparable.

Then there is of course the pink element. I am the girliest of girls. I love pink. Everyone knows it. I also am so close to my mom and my sister. I'd love love love to have a girl and have that relationship with my own daughter.

So Wednesday will come and there will be a ton of excitement and probably a little sadness no matter what...because contrary to PaRandall's belief, there is only one baby!! So the time is on, place your bets. No anonymous polls this time - I want to see who is right ;)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hmmm...this is tricky! I think boy. Just a guess!

Kayla Gaspard said...

Thanks for making me cry & oh, by the by, I say GIRL!

Heather said...

My guess is boy!