Thursday, November 20, 2008

I miss Lilo

Carter was sick yesterday, so he went to bed early (like 5:45pm early). Ryan and I used the remainder of the evening to catch up on our DVR list, so a marathon of Gossip Girl ensued. As we were watching (ok, he'll probably make me add that he does not love Gossip Girl, he only tolerates it because I force him to), I heard a meowing on our back patio. I got up to check it out and saw the cutest, fluffiest, gray kitten in the corner next to the door! I had to go and look for the key because the door was deadbolted, and by the time I got back, it had run off. It looked something like this:



I made Ryan come out with me to search the backyard because it was pretty cold last night. We couldn't find it after a while, so we headed back inside.

About thirty minutes later (second episode of Gossip Girl ;), I heard meowing from the front porch! Sure enough, the kitten was sitting right there, but again, when we got outside, it bolted. We searched the front yard, and I put some food out to try and lure it back, but this morning, it appeared that the kitty had moved on.

As I was getting settled in the house later, it made me realize that I really miss having a pet around. I had absolutely no intention of keeping a kitten in our house (namely because I don't love cats and I'm allergic to them anyway - but who can resist an adorable kitten with blue eyes for just one night?!), but I really wish Lilo was still home. Carter was just getting big enough to run around and play with her, so I know they would have had fun together. I hate that we don't know where she is or that she's well taken care of. If we knew that, I think it would be a lot easier.

Here's a pic of the cuteness that was Lilo when we first got her:

No comments: