Monday, August 17, 2009

Can we really be talking about Halloween already?!

With the new baby coming on/around Halloween, I figured it might be best for me to plan ahead and start thinking about what Carter should dress up as this year. Here was our conversation in the car this morning:

Mama: Carter, do you want to be a fireman for Halloween?
Carter: No, I'm a Carter!!
Mama: No, you can be a Carter AND a fireman! You just dress up in a costume. Ok. What do you want to be for Halloween?
Carter: Toys!!
Mama: What kind of toys?
Carter: Brown toys!
Mama: Ok, I see where you are going. No. Halloween is not like Christmas. You do not get toys. You WEAR a costume. So, do you want to be a horsie?
Carter: No. I'm gonna be a Carter!

2 comments:

Rene said...

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

OK, so would he agree to be Carter the Fireman??? It's so funny (as I'm sure that you well know by now) that you can add a word/remove a word and the world is once again fine in their little eyes!

He is adorable. Glad all is well with him ...

Ashlyn